14 June 2023
£28,000 - £34,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will work directly in our Family Department, where they will act for individuals instructing the firm on a variety of family matters and provide legal advice to individuals including legal issues relating to family matters. Some of your key responsibilities would include:
Initial consultation: The solicitor will meet with the client to discuss their case and gather information and provide initial advice.
Legal research: The solicitor will research relevant laws and precedents to provide advice and guidance to the client.
Legal Aid: The solicitor must be familiar with the Legal Aid system.
Drafting legal documents: The solicitor will draft legal documents such as divorce petitions, consent orders, and financial agreements.
Negotiation: The solicitor will negotiate with the other party or their solicitor to reach an agreement.
Representing clients in court: If necessary, the solicitor will represent clients in court and present their case to the court.
Client management: The solicitor will manage client expectations, provide regular updates on the progress of their case, and ensure that clients understand the legal process.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of the above matters
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate or as part of a team.
- Excellent technical skills and an innovative approach to their application
- Use of computers and case management systems
- Client management experience
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Commercial awareness and excellent financial management
- Flexibility and commitment
How To Apply
Please send your CV to Natalie Brown